Reputation of Palit

Soulfulred

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Over in my country, Palit tends to be (or practically is) the cheaper option, sometimes by a margin of a whole 100 dollars. Currently, looking at 1070/1080 prices, looks to be the same as well. Their Super Jetstream line of cards tend to be slightly weaker versions compared to MSI or EVGA's normal flagship lines but the margin in price between Palit and other brands do have swaying power.

I do currently own a Palit GTX 960 and back when I was looking for a 960, I was thinking the same thing about Palits reputation. Apparently, in its earlier years, they tended to ship out lower-quality cards and I don't mean in terms of specs/clocks. Their cards tended to break more often or had more issues or just used lesser quality materials. After a while though, they got really good and started getting more mainstream. Still, I've found that most people haven't heard about Palit. I only got to know about it because the nearest computer shop happened to stock Palit cards. I eventually decided to get the Palit card anw because the margin in price fit right into my budget and of the reviews I read, Palit was now a serious GPU competitor.

That being said, I'm making the upgrade to the GTX 1070 (in literally two days hell yeah!) but I'm going up to the GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X, and not Palits Super Jetstream or GameRock. While I've read great reviews on the GameRock (can't recall where I did though), I don't really like it's colour scheme and in my country, the GameRock is a little pricier than the MSI Gaming X.

Tl;dr - I own a Palit GPU and it never failed me before. Read reviews, did my research, Palit used to be low-quality cheapo maker but has turned out to be a serious GPU maker in recent years.

And if's it worth anything, I remember seeing one time that the GTX 1070 GameRock is clocked higher than the other brands (including Gaming X from MSI).