[SOLVED] Please Delete Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antalus

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
I am looking to build a new PC from scratch with all new parts. The goal is to be able to enjoy maxed out settings that'll hit 144fps+ consistently on most titles at the 1440p resolution.

Approximate Purchase Date: Purchase date depends on if I can actually get my hands on A 3080. If I can get it before BF2042, the purchase date for the build would happen around October of this year. If I can't land a 3080, I'll be purchasing around January 2022 but even then, I suppose it might be too early to request a build for January.

Budget Range: I plan on allotting $3000 Cad to all of the parts for the tower (willing to add more if needed) and $1000 for peripherals (1440p monitor, new keyboard, mouse, speakers, headset, microphone, etc)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: This build will strictly be for gaming and VR. I won't be using it for editing or running any VMs

Are you buying a monitor: Yes I am also looking for a 1440p 144hz monitor.

Parts to Upgrade: I won't be transferring any parts over from my 1070 build from 5 years ago. I have a 1080p 144hz BenQ that would be used as a second monitor.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preferences. There's a memory Express, best buy and Canada computers in my city (London Ontario) that if I can save a few bucks on shipping, I can just be on the look out for parts from these outlets.

Parts Preferences: The only part preferences I would have would be the CPU to be a R9 5900x and the 3080 to be from a brand with favorable reviews and workload temps. For CPU cooling, I'd like it to be watercooled (The Celsius S24, for example). SSD for storage ( M.2, PCIe first before sata), a PSU to allow lots of breathing room (Maybe platinum grade) and the case to be dark.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I plan on playing single player/MMO games on the 1440p resolution and any competitive games(mostly FPS) on my second 1080p monitor.

Additional Comments: I am basically referencing this build around the Enthusiast tier from Logical Increments. I am also interested in suggestions for a set of speakers in the $100 to $200 range.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My current 1070 build is doing just fine for 1080p at most titles. I've always built PCs around the mid tier and I want to do one last build to be a "cream of the crop" before I decide to shelve gaming as a hobby way down the road. I am open to any suggestions that you guys might have! Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
GTX1070 is okayish, just a little below 1080p 60hz ultra in all things. And building around it won't hurt your upgrade path later.

You seem to have the major components picked out as well.

5900X is a beefy CPU, and also goes out of stock regularly. Newegg Canada has some right now, and about as low a price as it has been in recent weeks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GTX1070 is okayish, just a little below 1080p 60hz ultra in all things. And building around it won't hurt your upgrade path later.

You seem to have the major components picked out as well.

5900X is a beefy CPU, and also goes out of stock regularly. Newegg Canada has some right now, and about as low a price as it has been in recent weeks.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I am holding a candle that I will actually be able to source a GPU by October. It isn't looking good....

The thing that I find most disappointing about the 'new gamer' and inability to get a good GPU is that on the level of a 10 series GPU and back (in particular) the appreciated level of improvement may not be particularly much and especially if you are well balanced now. Suddenly you have a bunch of cash in on new parts that the difference isn't appreciable in game. By the time the GPU you planned for this build is readily available it could be discontinued/used, and the next big thing will be hitting making your choices outdated.

Start planning this build in late Sept, early Oct. Save money till then.

Reactions: Antalus
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS