Question Request Printer Advice

Aug 9, 2022
Dell XPS8700, WIN 7, HP6980dt printer.

My printer is running out of ink and I need to buy some questionable, out of date, dried up overpriced cartridges or buy a new printer, which will probably not have drivers for Win7.

Although I rarely use the printer, I still want to have the ability to print at times. Wireless is nice to have, but for the number of times I use the printer, I can easily string a USB cable 15 feet to my PC.

I don't need an all-in-one. I don't do faxes, don't need to make multiple copies, and already have a good scanner.

I see that some printers require a smartphone for installation or make installation difficult without one. I don't have a smartphone and don't plan to buy one until I need one for more than this single purpose.

Any advice on how I can solve my print problem?

Thanks
Edp

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am seeing "off brand/refurb" ink cartridges under $20 readily in a very quick search of your model. It appears the tri-color is cheaper than the black at sub $10-ish.

We utilize a store off Amazon for all the ink we need on our Brother units. "Linkyo" They have worked very well for us.