Required drivers for the MB

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
hi

i have Gigbayte MB

do i need to download drivers other from that published on the product page

when i installed what published i had no drivers installed for devices i used to have on previous MB

i mean do i need to download extra drivers or something ?/

Please post model number of motherboard, and if you know the 'missing' drivers, then post the parts that need drivers.
usually manf's websites will have all the basic drivers for your board though along with any revisions
Moto

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
hi moto

its GA-MA 785GT UD3H

i dont see the "missing driver" sign

i wondered if i need another drivers from the manufactres of the chip, chipset, devices etc..... that buillt on the MB?? or if the motherboard's page download includes all the drivers for everything on the MB..

my MB is GA-MA 785GT-UD3H ATi chipset

when i had older with nvidia chipset i remember i had controllers drivers ..and few others which i dont think are in current modle

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
thats what i did , and everything works fine no yellow question marks etc...

just i see that the usb, IDE \ATA\, floppy, cds, HD'S, mouse and much more.. drivers are default old one's from xp (2001)

the ones that arent XP default drivers (which installed from the gigabyte provided)

1.sound chip driver

2.Ati SMbus driver

3.process driver

4.network driver

5.display driver

cant i update the rest i the drivers ? or its should be like this

You can probably update most all of those drivers from the Gigabyte web site. I keep most all my drivers up to date including the BIOS. The non-Gigabyte drivers can be updated too. You might have to search for them on-line. I recently updated my SATA/RAID card driver.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

but the problem is i dont see who's the manufactor's of the unupdated drivers , therefor i cant just download the any driver

i do think maybe it should be the way its , if it didnt update when i installed all the drivers

hi people 10000000 of you review this thread cant just some of you who understand 2 answear?

*about the bios itsnt driver but BIOS UPDATE....

You should be able to see the manufacture of the various devices in "device manager." Highlight a device and click on "properties." You can even update the drivers thru device manager. I prefer to download the drivers and update manually.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

hi man

i did that and i know what iam talking about, when i click properties it only show what kind of device its

not the company .

i click on the "USB Controller" it only shows what kind of USB devices , not the company and if i click properties it shows windows xp 2001 driver

see yourself:

2vkgda8.jpg

Properties:

11h9k5c.jpg

2jd05u1.jpg

34jbr0y.jpg

18jkb9.jpg

20z7l10.jpg

1tocn7.jpg

you see?

as you can assume i have alot examples

I have vista home premium 64-bit and most of my devices have a manufacturer listed, plus the type, model and so on. Under the driver tab there is the manufacturer provider of the driver and more. Plus an update option too.

You are probably OK. I bet your drivers, except maybe the gigabyte drivers and any extra devices you've added are up to date. When I use the update option in device manager, I get a message that says "the best driver software for your device is already installed." That's from searching on-line too.