[SOLVED] Requirement for in game settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Lately I have been seeing more and more games that have one rather enabling in game settings such as this scaling witch on my pc cant be turned off if I want to maintain a high enough frame rate in said games that seem to rather force one to have such settings enabled?

Seems I'll better put some more money aside for that new gpu, what do you think?

For the moment I could just use these scaling settings, but I'd much rather enjoy native resolution in the games I play!

Last edited:

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I'm having trouble trying to get what you really want. Are you talking about how to setup the graphics settings in games to achieve a high frame rate?
That could be so, but I was still thinking more in the line of this what I said above:

Lately I have been seeing more and more games that have one rather enabling in game settings such as this scaling (what is it called again?): https://www.tomshardware.com/reference/amd-fsr-fidelityfx-super-resolution-explained , witch on my pc cant be turned off if I want to maintain a high enough frame rate in said games that seem to rather force one to have such settings enabled?

Don't you also believe that this ought to be a reason to upgrade the gpu in my pc?
Because with newer gpu don't require such setting to be enabled to run games at native.

Last edited:

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Never mind all this that I mentioned above, seems all that is really required is to turn FSR sharpening all the way to 1.

AMD FSR image sharpening, and all appears as if it where native resolution.

But what I don't quite get is why is .50% the default setting, really had me boggled there for some time until I got my head around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.