Res. of Evil cheat codes?

I'm obviously at the final battle already :I, fighting against
Betruger, not very long add-on I must say...

But this final battle is way too tough, and it seems theres not any
catch, it's just plain shooting and dodging. Anyone know how to enable
god- mode in Res. of Evil? Console and "god" doesn't work.

"Tönkkö" <en.tahdo@usko.jo> wrote in message
> I'm obviously at the final battle already :I, fighting against
> Betruger, not very long add-on I must say...
>
> But this final battle is way too tough, and it seems theres not any
> catch, it's just plain shooting and dodging. Anyone know how to enable
> god- mode in Res. of Evil? Console and "god" doesn't work.

oh, it's not really even hard. Seriously. It's in HOW you're playing
it. I'm glad I did save game at the start of this one. It was over all
to quickly! I'd read how you have to shoot out the lights, then the
glow comes on over his head and he's vulnerable there then. Rockets and
BFG do it to it then! I think I got it in 3 sets of lights. Ammo all
over, even the demons crawling out of the rocks are minimal danger.
More annoyances in this level. I just stayed moving, shooting lights,
then the glow....run, shoot lights, shoot glow... BOOM he's down :eek:\
McG.

> "Tönkkö" <en.tahdo@usko.jo> wrote in message
>> I'm obviously at the final battle already :I, fighting against
>> Betruger, not very long add-on I must say...
>>
>> But this final battle is way too tough, and it seems theres not any
>> catch, it's just plain shooting and dodging. Anyone know how to
>> enable god- mode in Res. of Evil? Console and "god" doesn't work.
>
> oh, it's not really even hard. Seriously. It's in HOW you're
> playing it. I'm glad I did save game at the start of this one. It
> was over all to quickly! I'd read how you have to shoot out the
> lights, then the glow comes on over his head and he's vulnerable
> there then. Rockets and BFG do it to it then! I think I got it in
> 3 sets of lights. Ammo all over, even the demons crawling out of the
> rocks are minimal danger. More annoyances in this level. I just
> stayed moving, shooting lights, then the glow....run, shoot lights,
> shoot glow... BOOM he's down :eek:\ McG.

OOPS, my bad... I was talking about the ending sequence to Doom3! DOH!
McG.

>> oh, it's not really even hard. Seriously. It's in HOW you're
>> playing it. I'm glad I did save game at the start of this one. It
>> was over all to quickly! I'd read how you have to shoot out the
>> lights, then the glow comes on over his head and he's vulnerable
>> there then. Rockets and BFG do it to it then! I think I got it in
>> 3 sets of lights. Ammo all over, even the demons crawling out of the
>> rocks are minimal danger. More annoyances in this level. I just
>> stayed moving, shooting lights, then the glow....run, shoot lights,
>> shoot glow... BOOM he's down :eek:\ McG.
>
> OOPS, my bad... I was talking about the ending sequence to Doom3! DOH!
> McG.

sounds like you were talking about the Guardian, not the Cyberdemon at the
end of the game... unfortunately I've not played RoE yet so I can't offer
any tips :/

LoTekGuru wrote:
>>> the rocks are minimal danger. More annoyances in this level. I
>>> just stayed moving, shooting lights, then the glow....run, shoot
>>> lights, shoot glow... BOOM he's down :eek:\ McG.
>> OOPS, my bad... I was talking about the ending sequence to Doom3!
>> DOH! McG.
> sounds like you were talking about the Guardian, not the Cyberdemon
> at the end of the game... unfortunately I've not played RoE yet so I
> can't offer any tips :/

I played to end without cheats but this last monster was too much. I
tryed one hour without any damage to him. Console and "god" command will
help. ;-)

"LoTekGuru" <lotekguru@NOSPAMinsightbb.com> wrote in message
>>> oh, it's not really even hard. Seriously. It's in HOW you're
>>> playing it. I'm glad I did save game at the start of this one. It
>>> was over all to quickly! I'd read how you have to shoot out the
>>> lights, then the glow comes on over his head and he's vulnerable
>>> there then. Rockets and BFG do it to it then! I think I got it in
>>> 3 sets of lights. Ammo all over, even the demons crawling out of
>>> the rocks are minimal danger. More annoyances in this level. I
>>> just stayed moving, shooting lights, then the glow....run, shoot
>>> lights, shoot glow... BOOM he's down :eek:\ McG.
>>
>> OOPS, my bad... I was talking about the ending sequence to Doom3!
>> DOH! McG.
>
> sounds like you were talking about the Guardian, not the Cyberdemon
> at the end of the game... unfortunately I've not played RoE yet so I
> can't offer any tips :/

I'd mixed the two up. That was the fight with the Guardian and I didn't
have that Soulcube yet. Oh, right, that's what you get it FOR, to fight
him :)

I Have begun a replay from the beginning with the new 6800GT :) It's
almost like a brand new game compared to use of Ti4600/9800 Pro/FX5900
(all 128 meg cards). I'm playing it in my 19" LCD's native res,
1280x1024, everything BUT the actual Ultra Quality textures on (did try
it with, and it isn't that big a diff and slows things down a lot). I
think they intended THAT mode for 512 meg and up cards. I can't get
over just how realistic some of the scenes look.

McG.