Researchers Believe Nanoresonators Could Fix Dropped Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]madjimms[/nom]Would be helpful if we could zoom into the pic.... Clicking it just makes a page pop-up with the EXACT same size image.[/citation]

Welcome to Toms 1994 graphics system for there site. You forgot to mention the pop-up is after clicking brings you to a new page, so you have to close a window, and then go back to get back to the article, all to see the same image 3 times the exact same size.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Could they use this same technology for ADSL2+ and improve the SNR of our connections...?
That could possibly boost my internet speed quite high.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Could they use this same technology for ADSL2+ and improve the SNR of our connections...?That could possibly boost my internet speed quite high.[/citation]

It's called VDSL. It's the next technology up from ADSL, and if I remember correctly it's allows up to 100mbps. My ISP just recently upgraded from ADSL to VDSL and we're on a 40mbps package.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]A miniaturized vibrator then? Thank you science.[/citation]

There will be a 'black edition' of course :)

And I shut up now :)

aliassund

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Will not work. This tiny structure is not capable of handling the power that sometimes hits the receiver of a cell phone or other wireless device.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]the only thing that can fix dropped calls is upgrading and adding new towers to handle more traffic, not some unproven tech[/citation]

I do not know who you are of course, but my money is on those "Scientists at Purdue University".
I have a feeling they know what can and can not be done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.