Not open for further replies.
G

"Researchers Build Fuel Cells From Glass"

"The idea of powering gadgets with fuel cells instead of glass"

???

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]I'm not much for correcting people.. But damn.. Come on guys lol.[/citation]This article is a minefield of written-language screw-ups. Spelling mistakes, missing words, grammatical errors, half-written phrases that seem to have been changed partway through...

Must be some kind of new record!

paladiin

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I don't expect the most polished articles in the world on this site but my god this article was bad. I am still not sure wtf he was talking about. Can we get a translator and at least someone pretending to edit these articles? This is the first comment I have left in months and it is sad that my motivation was how poorly written the article was.

G

". . . said that using bulk metallic glasses (BMGs) instead of silicon as brittle and poor conductor. . ."

Really guys?

Littlun

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Mr. Douglas Perry needs to go back to school and learn to write. I could write better than this when I was 12, and to see an editor of a major online tech site post slop like this just embarrasses me.

G

Did Toms begin out-sourcing their articles to India? This article is a new low in language skills

lilcinw

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I accidentally the whole article.

Seriously... how does this kind of garbled mush even get posted? Does anyone even glance at these before they click the 'Post to news' button??

G

Either the picture or the article has bad info. The item in that picture is not even remotely close to 3cm^3. Maybe 0.03cm^3.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"stainless steel, a material that is prone to corrosion..."

Hey editor... look up "stainless steel" !

I have stainless steel hardware all over my boat and 12 yeas of ocean and salt spray have not caused any 'corrosion'.

G

There are several conditions that will indeed cause "stainless steel" to suffer from corrosion. Being the type of site that this is I am sure most of you who read this are capable of finding info on this on your own.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]SSinfo[/nom]There are several conditions that will indeed cause "stainless steel" to suffer from corrosion. Being the type of site that this is I am sure most of you who read this are capable of finding info on this on your own.[/citation]Metallurgy is a surprisingly complex subject. There's so many alloys being used today, just saying "stainless steel" doesn't tell you the whole story (as you are no doubt aware).

[citation][nom]bluekoala[/nom]I love how the the low quality of the article is far more impressive than the genius breakthrough it's supposed to explain.[/citation]

I think that it's understandable given how badly the article explained the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS