News Researchers Design Plans for Swarms of Tiny Flying Microchips, Promise Not to Use Them for Evil

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2018

artk2219

Distinguished
A team of engineers with Northwestern University have developed the smallest microflier in human history. The microfliers are built out of 2D electronics into 3D shapes, and can be deployed for environmental data collection, disease spread control, an a seemingly infinite number of other (mostly beneficial) uses.

Researchers Design Plans for Swarms of Tiny Flying Microchips, Promise Not to Use Them for Evil : Read more

Youre right, zero chance of that being weaponized (clandestine programs everywhere jump with joy), no one would ever poison anyone with something like that.

And you think the problems with micro plastics is bad? Just wait until the water and soil are grossly polluted with this things. Because you pretty well know that the ones that ARE biodegradable will be the more expensive version and that businesses and entities will likely desire the cheaper version given the choice. These need to be MANDATORY as biodegradable products, or simply not allowed. And, I'm not sure how you biodegrade a chip, but I'm interested in hearing about that too.

Reactions: artk2219
Seems I recall Google, Facebook and Amazon, all promising to not be evil, but every one of them either is or has been, and increasingly it looks like at some point they are going to form the Umbrella corporation, so so much for that ideology.

Yeah, but that's just a conjoined stock package really. I'm talking about the OTHER group they are going to form, which, like the Umbrella corporation, will largely be investing in pharmaceutical, scientific and weapons research, which most these companies are already dabbling in anyhow.

So, I don't see much probability in whoever in in charge of the research and funding for these swarms, not selling to one of these companies if they decide it's something they want. As we know, money talks, everything else walks.

Next up, this guy, who will use the swarms of flying microchips to spread, whatever it is they decide to use. :)

Albert-Wesker-Resident-Evil-4-768x432.jpg

USAFRet

Titan
I'm talking about the OTHER group they are going to form,
Yeah, go on....tell me there's not already an office at FB currently, the ALO.
Amazon Liaison Office.

Or at Google, the NAG.
Netflix Affiliate Group

Not simply stock trading.
These guys know they are at the top. And the only real way to stay there is to work together.
They've already formed that group. Its just not been made public yet.