Researchers Develop Circuit That Runs Without a Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom][citation]If they are spun one way, they store a 1, if they are spun in the other direction, they write a 1.[/citation]Well hell... that's not going to work very well[/citation]

yea, same here...

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
With that they can make a computer the size of the Earth at low wattage and it will produce the answer 42... Now where did I put the question I had written down?

jdwii

Splendid
another few years of investigation and this can become really good

Maybe in 100 years if are government does not stop it saying we could take out the electric company's like they like to do about the energy efficient engines or energy efficient car's

Like I always say:

Carbon Nanotubes
Graphene
Magnetic switches
This
Memristors...

the list goes on to what applications e can use to create the coputationsl devices of computers.

Oh, I forgot IBM's brain-in-a-chip as well.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Does this mean that the Matrix grid won't have to harvest humans for batteries, after we black out the sun? ... other than for kicks?

Vestin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]mman74[/nom]Does this mean that the Matrix grid won't have to harvest humans for batteries, after we black out the sun? ... other than for kicks?[/citation]
The "battery" thing was to make the movie easier for people to understand. In the original script humans were used to create an enormous neural network, basically - a giant server farm made of flesh. Which is a lot more ironic.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Everyday there is an invention about free energy or ultra durable batteries that works on urine, but at the end of the day batteries still suck in almost everything, cell phones, laptops, cars, you name it. and looks like this is not going to change anytime soon.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]Apple patented this as soon as the article was written, too bad for the researchers.[/citation]

and then what, they will sue us for creating energy while moving...?

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]anony2004[/nom]Promising research...[/citation]
naaa. they patented the process of chewing gum with your ass while walking.. or running..

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]brandonjclark[/nom]So with this proc things are either a 1 or a 1? Sounds futuristic[/citation]
or a planet size orgy,, for Sick sexual predator bots..

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]vestin[/nom]The "battery" thing was to make the movie easier for people to understand. In the original script humans were used to create an enormous neural network, basically - a giant server farm made of flesh. Which is a lot more ironic.[/citation]
or a planet size orgy,, for Sick sexual predator bots..

Status
Not open for further replies.