[SOLVED] Reselling old pc, and setup

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
I’m trying to resell my old personal well kept build, to replace it and upgrade it. The old pc was built just last year with an AMD 2200g and an RX 570 with an additional 8gb of RAM. The PC totaled up to around $600 when built originally. I’m trying to sell the pc with a monitor averaged at $100 and a keyboard and mouse (specifically the Logitech G502 wired mouse priced at an average of $60 and the Rosewill K85 mechanical gaming keyboard averaged at $75)

I just want opinions on how much you think I could sell all of this as a bundle for. I was hoping for about $450-500 just to help pay for extras on my new computer.

Solution
In a very general sense and unless you have something out of the ordinary/special, take retail and half for anything somewhat recent.
I second the ballpark of $400....

With that said, around here selling a used PC is VERY hit or miss using things like CL and whatnot. I know there are other venues. In my own experience I have had MUCH better luck selling in parts unless it was a prebuilt like a Dell, etc. that was SUPER cheap.
I have had CPU/GPU/PSU go in a day. RAM, much less so, and complete systems basically never unless I gave them away.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
In a very general sense and unless you have something out of the ordinary/special, take retail and half for anything somewhat recent.

With that said, around here selling a used PC is VERY hit or miss using things like CL and whatnot. I know there are other venues. In my own experience I have had MUCH better luck selling in parts unless it was a prebuilt like a Dell, etc. that was SUPER cheap.
I have had CPU/GPU/PSU go in a day. RAM, much less so, and complete systems basically never unless I gave them away.

Solution

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019

Okay so maybe selling the parts is a better way to go? I still have all the boxes for the parts if it’s going to be easier. The thing is that I live in a small town and the closest city is an hour away, plus i’m sure that some of the kids my age would want a pc but are too lazy to look into any of it. I’m on the edge about it but it also goes down to if people around my area would buy it, either the pc whole or in parts. If nothing happens around here I will most likely move farther north towards a city and try there? But like I said if i sell it in whole it would be the pc, monitor, keyboard and mouse for a decent looking price of what you suggested at like $400.

Jul 12, 2020
I assume it makes a difference how you sell it to show the buyer that the PC works. if they come to your house, you can show the PC works. If you meet them on a parking lot, they just have to trust you and may pay less for the risk.

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
I assume it makes a difference how you sell it to show the buyer that the PC works. if they come to your house, you can show the PC works. If you meet them on a parking lot, they just have to trust you and may pay less for the risk.

True, but i’m sure they could come to mine, i could go to theirs (if it’s not sketchy) or who knows. If anything i could probably try to sell it to one of my current friends who talked about buying it already but if it comes to it i might have to lower the price again just so someone can buy it

True, but i’m sure they could come to mine, i could go to theirs (if it’s not sketchy) or who knows. If anything i could probably try to sell it to one of my current friends who talked about buying it already but if it comes to it i might have to lower the price again just so someone can buy it

They should come to you. That's how I've always sold desktops. Also I set something up in the garage so they don't come inside the house. Leaving the garage door wide open.