Question Reserved hardware RAM and 2 slots not working

Apr 8, 2020
So story is, I put a new fan in my pc to replace the Ryzen one that came with the cpu. I was playing Bannerlord, started lagging and I was like, okay, this is new, Checked my Ram and it's reserving 8.1gb out 16gb. I have done all the msconfig, reseating, changing slots and updated bios. I hen found that slots 1 and 3 have gone and stopped working, it won't post etc. I put them in individually and they both read the 8gb in the bios, so I am at a loss. Should I buy a new motherboard/Ram?

Thank you in advance!

Apr 8, 2020
Too add to this, my bios has lowered my mhz to 2133 from 3000 and my voltages have lowered. I know I never did it and its over both sticks. It's crazy they work separately, same voltages etc. Even in the bios I says A1 - nothing A2 the Ram thats there and B1 - nothing and B2 identical to A2

This is related to the cooler install for sure. I'd start over removing the cpu and reseating that, the cooler, and the ram. Don't overdo it on tightening too--bending circuit boards will cause all sorts of havoc.

Apr 8, 2020
This is related to the cooler install for sure. I'd start over removing the cpu and reseating that, the cooler, and the ram. Don't overdo it on tightening too--bending circuit boards will cause all sorts of havoc.
I will do just that, Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS