[SOLVED] reset and backup

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Some people (including some Microsoft employees) reset their PCs every once in a while to have a fresh, fast, system at all times. After asking a windows technical support, they recommended a reset not be done for this purpose and only be reserved for when there is a good reason for it (virus, system failure, heavy slowdown, etc).

Which one is it? How often do you guys do it? And is it harmful for the pc to reset it every 6months to a year?

Thanks

Solution
With Win 10, the current semi-annual Update is basically a whole reinstall anyway. The only diff is, you don't have to do much.
v1807, v1903, v1909, v2004, and currently v20H2....mostly a new install each time.

My current main system has not had an actual wipe and reinstall since the last time I upgraded hardware. Several years ago.

There are some people who "I reinstall every month, just to keep things fresh"
Nonsense.

Don't install a bunch of weird crap, keep up to date with OS updates, and there is zero need to do a full wipe and reinstall all the time.

USAFRet

Titan
With Win 10, the current semi-annual Update is basically a whole reinstall anyway. The only diff is, you don't have to do much.
v1807, v1903, v1909, v2004, and currently v20H2....mostly a new install each time.

My current main system has not had an actual wipe and reinstall since the last time I upgraded hardware. Several years ago.

There are some people who "I reinstall every month, just to keep things fresh"
Nonsense.

Don't install a bunch of weird crap, keep up to date with OS updates, and there is zero need to do a full wipe and reinstall all the time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS