[SOLVED] reset button acting as power on i believe

so i went to turn on my pc earlier and as i pulled my hand away i noticed i was removing it from the reset button but the system was still booting... this is normal right or does this happen all the time? my system seems right nothings acting off at all. just when i shut it off to test my eye sight wasn't broken i was right my system boots from pushing the reset button but still resets when it's on and i push acts as it should with a running system....

Solution
so i went to turn on my pc earlier and as i pulled my hand away i noticed i was removing it from the reset button but the system was still booting... this is normal right or does this happen all the time? my system seems right nothings acting off at all. just when i shut it off to test my eye sight wasn't broken i was right my system boots from pushing the reset button but still resets when it's on and i push acts as it should with a running system....
That shouldn't happen if there are separate buttons for Start and Reset/restart. My guess is that your PC was in sleep mode instead of being shut off. To test for that, turn power right off for few minutes and try reset button again, it shouldn't start.
That shouldn't happen if there are separate buttons for Start and Reset/restart. My guess is that your PC was in sleep mode instead of being shut off. To test for that, turn power right off for few minutes and try reset button again, it shouldn't start.

Solution
Side topic to this some what but now this has me a little concerned cause i never put my system to sleep, i always shutdown is it possible for a virus to mimic the shutdown sequence but instead just put the system to sleep.

Side topic to this some what but now this has me a little concerned cause i never put my system to sleep, i always shutdown is it possible for a virus to mimic the shutdown sequence but instead just put the system to sleep.
It's probable that a windows update changed something. If you are not using sleep functions best way is to disable hibernation that also can take a chunk of disk space. In Command prompt(As administrator) run this line
powercfg.exe /hibernate off