Reset button to start PC?

swzeng

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2012
Hi I have Asus Sabertooth Z79 board and was wondering if the reset button can be programmed to start pc when its shut down. PC is located in my basement where I run all cables direct from to my office upstairs. Originally when I first built this I extended the reset button from the basement but not the power switch since I can use my P/S 2 keyboard to start. I am switching to a usb keyboard (razor black) and no longer can use this function. I know there is wake on lan option, but for some reason I having trouble with this even after bios and internet adapter setting in windows updates. Anyway, I just want to know if there is a setting the bios where I can make the reset button to start pc from shut down mode.

Thanks

Solution
I doubt they would change BIOS in that way but you could check your version and available versions here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Lutfij

Titan
The BIOS on the Asus Sabertooth Z97 has the option to wake from Keyboard input. It should work regardless of PS/2 or USB. I've had it work on my Maximus III Formula. In essence you should be able to do what you're intending to do with a power button. I would however ask you to rethink the strategy with length. In this instance a KVM switch might be a better option.

swzeng

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2012

ok so...any possibilities that bio is out of date.......? just hate opening pc case again....:(

TRENDING THREADS