Question Reset cmos bios W25Q32BVSSIG

Apr 22, 2019
Hello!

I have a K45VM Asus laptop and today i've changed bios settings, most exactly launch CSM and Fast boot to disabled, after this my laptop never turns on again, display shows nothing, I've tried to connect other monitor, tried to remove battery, AC cable and press power button for 20s, tried to remove bios battery, clean ram, remove hd, but nothing works, so I think if my bios settings still the same, I found on internet certain guys doing a shorting a pin on the Winbond FlashRAM chip, but I don't know how to do this right and I need help.

My motherboard is la-8221p (here a schematic of them - http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/motherboard/compal/compal_la-8221p_r0.2_schematics.pdf)
And winbond 25Q32 flash memory (bios)

Lutfij

Titan
If you don't know what to do, best not do anything to it. On another note, you should try and disassemble the entire laptop until you reach the motherboard and remove the CMOS battery for at least 15 mins before replacing it and reassembling the entire unit.

I wouldn't jump those pins if I were you, not after you have access to the CMOS battery.