Reset CMOS to fix USB ports not being recognised, now what

Dylan_K_4

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Okay so I reset the CMOS and I can now enter the BIOS but once it boots up to the login menu/screen my mouse and keyboard don't work anymore.

How do I fix this now that I have access to the BIOS?

Thanks so much

Dylan_K_4

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

There doesn't appear to be legacy option. I built the PC if that helps. The motherboard is ASROCK H97 Pro4... thanks for trying though :(

bailojustin

Distinguished

when booting, try to boot to the boot menu, pressing f10 or whatever command it is, and select a boot that does not include uefi.

this could also be your USB drivers, and usb 3.1 drivers.
Try unplugging and plugging them back in when its fully booted.
if it comes down to it, use a ps2 mouse to install the chipset drivers or your usb drivers to get your mouse and keyboard working properly, or make sure they are plugged into a 2.0 slot, black, rather then then blue 3.0

Dylan_K_4

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

Gotcha, the computer told me it needed to be reset so that's what I'm doing now. My boot menu did not have an option to boot without UFEI - there were a bunch of settings to tweak the UFEI, a UFEI tutorial, etc... but nothing that said change boot mode to legacy or any option to change the boot mode...

I think that it is definitely my drivers. A program I installed to get the PS3 controller dualshock 3 working with my PC fucked up my USB ports I believe. It's called SCP productions and its a USB wrapper of some sort.

Thanks for helping man. Hopefully reseting the PC will fix the USB driver or what is wrong with it. If you have any other suggestions for me I 'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.