Reset Computer Wont Start USB Ports Don't Work

camcamcam999

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
Recently tried to reset my windows 10 pc. The inbuilt reset just resulted in failure but nothing bad happened after that. I then tried to reset the pc using the USB media tool on a flash drive which has resulted in a computer that starts showing the load up screen and then goes straight to a black screen. The really bad part is that I can't get into the BIOS anymore because none of the USB ports now work. I doubt this is a hardware problem as it has never been a problem before and happened just after resetting it. Any help please?

Solution
Hello,

Have to tried removing the CMOS RAM battery on the motherboard for about a minute, then reinserting it? It stores all the important settings, when the computer is turned off. You could also try performing a Factory Reset. The manual which came with your computer's motherboard, explains which two pins on the motherboard to temporarily jump to the system.

AGLTH1

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hello,

Have to tried removing the CMOS RAM battery on the motherboard for about a minute, then reinserting it? It stores all the important settings, when the computer is turned off. You could also try performing a Factory Reset. The manual which came with your computer's motherboard, explains which two pins on the motherboard to temporarily jump to the system.

Solution