Question Reset during cold boot - motherboard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2022
Hello,

Month ago I bought complete PC with B560 Aorus PRO ax motherboard. I didn't assemble it by myself - it is complete PC. Either I didn't try overclocking or something. And I have following problem: when I shut my PC down then unplug from the electricity then plug again and I press power button PC starts and after 2-3 seconds it restarts and then works properly. It happens only when I unplug PC from the electricity. Without unplugging it starts without resets. This problem is present from the beginning (I mean it existed even on first boot after I bought PC). I made research on the Internet and i saw that sometimes people say that for current motherboards it's normal behaviour because of double boot feature (also known as cold double boot). Unfortunately, I didn't find anything in specification nor manual about this feature in terms of my specific motherboard. And my question is - should I be worried about such behaviour on cold boot or is it normal behaviour of this motherboard and it is done on purpose for some reason? I appreciate any help.Thank you!
PC specification:

Motherboard: B560 AORUS PRO AX
Video card: Zotac RTX 3060 Ti
Processor: Intel Core i7-11700F
RAM: GoodRam 2x8GB (DIMM DDR4, 3600 MHz)
BIOS version: F9

Hello,

Month ago I bought complete PC with B560 Aorus PRO ax motherboard. I didn't assemble it by myself - it is complete PC. Either I didn't try overclocking or something. And I have following problem: when I shut my PC down then unplug from the electricity then plug again and I press power button PC starts and after 2-3 seconds it restarts and then works properly. It happens only when I unplug PC from the electricity. Without unplugging it starts without resets. This problem is present from the beginning (I mean it existed even on first boot after I bought PC). I made research on the Internet and i saw that sometimes people say that for current motherboards it's normal behaviour because of double boot feature (also known as cold double boot). Unfortunately, I didn't find anything in specification nor manual about this feature in terms of my specific motherboard. And my question is - should I be worried about such behaviour on cold boot or is it normal behaviour of this motherboard and it is done on purpose for some reason? I appreciate any help.Thank you!
PC specification:

Motherboard: B560 AORUS PRO AX
Video card: Zotac RTX 3060 Ti
Processor: Intel Core i7-11700F
RAM: GoodRam 2x8GB (DIMM DDR4, 3600 MHz)
BIOS version: F9
It is somewhat normal in some cases. When power is on PSU, parts of MB are still energised with all capacitors charged but when PSU power is off and capacitors need to be charged again. BIOS may not recognize all elements at once but at repeat it does and finally allows further action. Most of times it's due to slow starting PSU. There is also a lead from PSU to 24pin on the MB called "Power good" and BIOS may be to impatient to verify. Could try with or without fast boot/start in BIOS.

Apr 30, 2022
It is somewhat normal in some cases. When power is on PSU, parts of MB are still energised with all capacitors charged but when PSU power is off and capacitors need to be charged again. BIOS may not recognize all elements at once but at repeat it does and finally allows further action. Most of times it's due to slow starting PSU. There is also a lead from PSU to 24pin on the MB called "Power good" and BIOS may be to impatient to verify. Could try with or without fast boot/start in BIOS.
Thank you for the answer. I have tried few things but it didn't work unfortunately:
  • set bios to default
  • bios hard reset (remove CMOS battery for 1,5h)
  • boot only with one RAM stick
  • on/off xmp profile
  • on/off fast boot in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS