Reset Microsoft Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drona06

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Hello,

I am getting popups on my Microsoft edge and its not opening websites properly and i would like to know how to reset edge browser , i know how to reset Internet explorer. but not aware about Edge.

Solution
You can reset Edge by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. First, close Edge, and navigate to

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Delete the folder "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" and when prompted, allow it. You might not be able to delete everything completely.

After this, open up an elevated Powershell window by typing Powershell in Start, right clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Run the following command:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Slashgeek

Admirable
You can reset Edge by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. First, close Edge, and navigate to

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Delete the folder "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" and when prompted, allow it. You might not be able to delete everything completely.

After this, open up an elevated Powershell window by typing Powershell in Start, right clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Run the following command:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.