Reset my pc

nadecker

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
I am purchasing a new 850 evo ssd for my current pc. and i wanted to do a data wipe on my hard drive to make a fresh windows 10 boot to mirgrate on my ssd using EaseUs and make my ssd a main drive for games and windows 10. Will using the factory reset option make my pc wipe out windows 10. My pc first came with windows 7 and then i upgraded to windows 10 for free. Will i have problems with this.

Solution
with windows 10 microsoft used digital keys now. once you register windows that key is yours.
download windows media tool.
make usb iso.
boot from usb stick and run windows installer.
when done there a fresh new copy of windows 10 on the ssd.
just unplug the hard drive to keep the data safe.
if you want a fresh clean windows install on the ssd use windows mediac creation tool and a usb stick. unplug the hard drive and then install windows 10 to the ssd. click on skip when it ask for an oem number. when windows 10 boots it pull your digitail key into the new windows 10 install. you can then reinstall your games and programs cleanly to the new ssd and then wipe the data off the old drive.

nadecker

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

So you are saying that i need to plug in a usb then use the media creation tool, which will put my copy of windows 10 on a usb, then unplug the hdd and plug in the ssd, then boot the ssd using the flash drive with windows 10(which i dont know how to do) And how do i get the key?

with windows 10 microsoft used digital keys now. once you register windows that key is yours.
download windows media tool.
make usb iso.
boot from usb stick and run windows installer.
when done there a fresh new copy of windows 10 on the ssd.
just unplug the hard drive to keep the data safe.

Solution

nadecker

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

after this is done, what is the best way to clean hdd so that there is no conflicting data