Reset PC, but freezes and BSODs have returned

appleback62

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I recently just made a post on Reddit about this, and I'm getting desperate so I'm asking here as well. Basically, I've had this issue before where after launching a game, after several minutes my computer will freeze or blue screen. I was unable to resolve it and I reset the PC from the Recovery settings in Windows. This worked for about a month, but the problem returned and I don't know what to do anymore. Here is the rundown from the post:

BSOD's:

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

What failed: dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed: Wdfilter.sys
Here is what has been tried:

• Updating drivers through Windows Update
    Manually updating drivers
    Memory tests (nothing found)
    Disabling Real-Time Protection
PC is an Alienware Aurora R5

EDIT: New blue screen error
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs? I see 3 different CPU choices so what have you got?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

dxgmms2.sys = Direct X. Normally I would look at Graphics card drivers, so perhaps run ddu and reinstall drivers from Nvidia - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

I would have assumed the dell Alienware update site would suggest drivers without you needing to look for them.

appleback62

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

Sorry, I didn't realize there were several options.
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: 16.0 GB

I have followed the steps, but blue screens have been so infrequent that I haven't gotten another one since. It's been all freezes. I will update once I get another.