Reset stuck at 1%

Deputycarl97

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hey guys last night i started a pc reset. I left it going for 9 hours and it was still chilling at 1% and not moving an inch. Is there any way i can fix this so i can actually reset my pc? Thanks for the help :)

Solution
which reset did you take? Keep files and settings, or wipe it all?

I think regardless of which you tried, you should restart PC and see what it does. If windows boots, try this:

Do you have latest version of win 10? The Anniversary update released last month might fix whatever problem you have that caused you to want to reset. Go Here and click Update Now and this will download the upgrade assistant. Run this assistant and it will upgrade you to latest version of Win 10 - its essentially a fresh install of Win 10

If you have version 1607 already, try this to fix the reset function:
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this...

Colif

Win 11 Master
which reset did you take? Keep files and settings, or wipe it all?

I think regardless of which you tried, you should restart PC and see what it does. If windows boots, try this:

Do you have latest version of win 10? The Anniversary update released last month might fix whatever problem you have that caused you to want to reset. Go Here and click Update Now and this will download the upgrade assistant. Run this assistant and it will upgrade you to latest version of Win 10 - its essentially a fresh install of Win 10

If you have version 1607 already, try this to fix the reset function:
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
once its run, even if its clear, run this in the same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If DISM returns an error asking for source (I suspect it will), do the next steps:
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

Once DISm finished, re run SFC /scannow and restart PC. Then you can try a reset if you want, it should work now.. but then dism may fix whatever it was causing you to reset in first place.

If Windows doesn't start, and there is stuff on it you want to keep, try: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

If you were deleting everything and starting fresh, why not just fresh install win 10 instead?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order so USB first, hdd second
follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution