Reset switch have a cut.

Markimooo

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
I was building a pc and im almost finish with cutting the zip ties, then i accidentally cut a bit of the reset switch cable off my case ( i did not cut it in two, it just has a little bit of it showing the inside ). I tried to turn it on a couple of times but it is on or off ( sometimes it turns on, sometimes it does not ). Can i just cover it with electrical tape or is it not recoverable?. ( btw i dont have a monitor right now because the monitor that i bought does not include hdmi cable and just included a vga cable which my motherboard does not have ).

Solution
yes you can just cover it with tape, reset and power buttons are just momentary switches so there isnt continues power flowing through them. If you cut one of the wires all the way thru you can just splice it back together and cover with tape.
yes you can just cover it with tape, reset and power buttons are just momentary switches so there isnt continues power flowing through them. If you cut one of the wires all the way thru you can just splice it back together and cover with tape.

Solution