Question Reset system, no signal to monitor

Jul 3, 2019
I have a GMA3600BST System.
ADM Ryzen 5 2300
AMD Raedeon RX 580

I was doing a PC reset because one of my games had a problem downloading files when it checked against the registry to download updates or so the downloader said. I thought screw it, I'll just reset everyhting and start from scratch.
I did a PC reset through windows 10 reset. During the process I choose to keep personal files though there was close to nothing except some game files. As it was going through the process, it said I would have to download these apps once again when finished. Said the usual like Chrome, voice chats, and AMD something. I thought nothing of it. Then, it shut down to restart. The tower came back on...but not the screen...then I realized...crap...what did that "AMD" say? Was it my graphics card?...crap....

Now the tower turns on...but has no signal going from the tower to the monitor. I tried reseating the card in its slot, nothing. Tried hardbooting with the power button, nothing. Tried unplugging everything...and nothing. I know it's in the middle of a reset but I cant see anything...what did I just do to my computer?!?!?!

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the screen will not let you into the BIOS? the BIOS is independent of the OS and drivers and should work regardless. if you cannot access the BIOS there is something wrong with the GPU/system.
you may need the windows drivers installed, but windows should still see the GPU as a standard VGA device and load the base drivers regardless.

Jul 3, 2019
the screen will not let you into the BIOS? the BIOS is independent of the OS and drivers and should work regardless. if you cannot access the BIOS there is something wrong with the GPU/system.
you may need the windows drivers installed, but windows should still see the GPU as a standard VGA device and load the base drivers regardless.

It's not letting me see anything when plugged into my Radeon video card. I might try taking it out and using the onboarding video card and try to reinstall it. Thoughts?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
there is no onboard GPU in that CPU which is why it didn;t work. the board is ready for a CPU/GPU combo but you do not have one.
at suspect is the GPU, do you have access to another card for testing, or another system to test the card in?
swapping out parts is the next step

Jul 3, 2019
there is no onboard GPU in that CPU.
at suspect is the GPU, do you have access to another card for testing, or another system to test the card in?
swapping out parts is the next step
No do not, I'm going to take it in somewhere to see if I can have them fix it tomorrow. Itll be a pretty penny but I just need my rig back up and running.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
if you cannot see the BIOS, it has nothing to do with windows.
if windows was the issue in any way the system would still boot up and try to load windows, you should see the motherboard boot before the system even thinks about windows. if you cannot get into the BIOS the issue has to be hardware related in some way.
only after the system passes POST (Power On Self Test) can windows do anything. you are not even passing POST if I understand correctly, which leaves windows off the table as a problem.

step 17 on this list, are you getting any beeps?
you should be getting an all clear short beep - indicates POST has passed successfully or you should get a series of beeps, short and long, ranging in numbers. with no RAM in my system it beeps 4 short, three long and 4 short beeps repeating. different parts will have different beep codes. a working motherboard will tell you what failed the POST by the specific beeps you are getting.

no speaker you say? no problemo with a little creativity.
canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant

these are generic steps but any speaker and wire can be made to work temporarily as a diag speaker. connect a speaker try to boot and count the beeps. cross reference the beeps with your motherboard model number with google and you should have an answer.
if you still get no beeps remove all the RAM and try again with no RAM installed. if the motherboard is working it will throw the no RAM beep code (will vary from my beep code listed above) if you cannot force a beep code in this manner it is my experience that the motherboard is dead.

will be away till this afternoon. I hope this is helpful, will check back later.