Reset to previous version of Windows

redwing4660

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Some how I lost Windows Home and have Windows Pro now, I lost most of my Apps and all my emails. How do I recover everything and go back to Windows Home???

Solution
I don't know how you accidentally upgrade to Pro without intentionally doing it?

Did you use the windows mail program?

However, all email messages are stored locally on a mail folder in the hidden AppData folder. Email messages are stored as .EML files and to be able to read them without Mail App needs another email client that is capable of reading .EML files.

You can check the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\, choose microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps, and open the folder \LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm. Find the "Mail" folder and open it. You will see those .EML files stored on that location.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know how you accidentally upgrade to Pro without intentionally doing it?

Did you use the windows mail program?

However, all email messages are stored locally on a mail folder in the hidden AppData folder. Email messages are stored as .EML files and to be able to read them without Mail App needs another email client that is capable of reading .EML files.

You can check the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\, choose microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps, and open the folder \LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm. Find the "Mail" folder and open it. You will see those .EML files stored on that location.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/where-are-win-10-mail-files-stored-on-the-hard/b1383f3c-cf46-4ea9-ac8c-31cdc66451d0

As for apps, it depends what you mean. Apps from windows store likely reinstall selves, other programs likely need to be reinstalled.

here are some ways to downgrade from Pro to Home but generally the easiest way is a clean install - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-to-home/345f5464-cb7a-44b3-8856-237cbec072c8

Solution