Question Reset Win10. No mouse or keyboard

Feb 16, 2020
I’ve Googled and read post after post. Tried different mouse and keyboard. Tried PS2 versus USB... nothing works. Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
So you ran a reset and now neither work? What type of reset? Full or keep files/settings?

what are details of the PC?

Do you have a win 10 Installer? If not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Is there anything on C driver you want to save?

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Use that to copy anything off PC you want to save (or at least the boot drive)
I would try a clean install as USB should work after it. Resets often break windows
boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Colif

Win 11 Master
The BIOS settings wouldn't have changed so it would be set to default USB activity meaning it all works. The problem is windows, not BIOS.

that is why I suggest booting off a USB installer as it will work. The mouse/KB will work off the USB as it is using default drivers on the installer.

Reactions: RedGuitars
Feb 16, 2020
OK - so I followed your instructions above and reinstalled in Windows. I initially did this with a PS2 mouse and keyboard, and an old Dell monitor. One by one I installed a new LG monitor, and installed drivers for it. I installed Razer software for a gaming mouse and keyboard, then installed the keyboard and mouse (Razer). Everything ran fine for a day. I installed missing apps, recovered my iTunes library, etc. Day two and Windows is freezing again. So frustrating...