Reset windows problem

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
So I want to reset my windows 10 and delete all the files...
and I dont know if I need to re-install the MOBO drivers and the all the other drivers?

Solution
There is a different between a "reset" and a "reinstall". A reset is using a factory image to restore it back to default, in which case, no need. But your files will likely be intact. A reinstall however, is starting with a Windows installation media, wiping the drive(if desired) and installing windows. In this case, yes, you will need all the motherboard and other hardware drivers to get them working optimally.
There is a different between a "reset" and a "reinstall". A reset is using a factory image to restore it back to default, in which case, no need. But your files will likely be intact. A reinstall however, is starting with a Windows installation media, wiping the drive(if desired) and installing windows. In this case, yes, you will need all the motherboard and other hardware drivers to get them working optimally.

Solution

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018

so If I have a problem in my files so a reset will help?

Possibly, depends if the problem is software or hardware. If Windows is just borked, then a reset could help. If you have a virus, then it likely wont help. But if you are having trouble and the system is clean, you can try a reset and if still borked, you are do a reinstall.

Just be sure to backup any files you can't stand to lose before doing a rest or reinstall.