[SOLVED] reset

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
i did a computer reset a few days ago after resetting my desktop keyboard and mouse not working i have tried three computer mouse and two keyboards but still not working
ps: i use a wired keyboard and mouse

Solution
I wonder which BIOS you have, you could at least update it since its updated in the BIOS - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H61M-P20-G3

I don't know if its the PSU as sometimes USB is 1st thing to stop working if PSU doesn't have the power it needs to run everything. Do you have any extra devices attached to PC? Might help to remove them.

did you try boot over ride? From your manual, on page 28 (Save & exit screen of BIOS) - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H61M-P20-G3#down-manual

== Boot Override ==
The installed storage devices will appear on this menu, you can select one of them
be a boot device.

it only works on that boot, I am not sure if you need to hit enter still. It...
D

Deleted member 2720853

Is your data backed up? If you have nothing else on the PC that needs to be backed up, I'd suggest performing a clean reinstallation of Windows rather than a reset, as the poster above said. Refer to the following:

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
Is your data backed up? If you have nothing else on the PC that needs to be backed up, I'd suggest performing a clean reinstallation of Windows rather than a reset, as the poster above said. Refer to the following:

i can't install windows again because i can't even setup if you send your email then i can send you pictures of your current situation

D

Deleted member 2720853

i can't install windows again because i can't even setup if you send your email then i can send you pictures of your current situation
You can install Windows again, if you have an USB drive/DVD with Windows 10 on it, you can put it in the PC, go into your BIOS, set the DVD Drive/USB drive to boot first, and then you can boot from the installation media and proceed with the steps outlined in the thread I linked above.

You can post pictures on Imgur and link them here.

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
You can install Windows again, if you have an USB drive/DVD with Windows 10 on it, you can put it in the PC, go into your BIOS, set the DVD Drive/USB drive to boot first, and then you can boot from the installation media and proceed with the steps outlined in the thread I linked above.

You can post pictures on Imgur and link them here.

i have tried both methods but i can't install windows

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
what stops you installing Windows? errors? what have you tried? clean install off USB? what happens?
tried different slots?

do mouse/keyboard work in bios?
Could try booting off a Ubuntu live USB to see if they work in another OS, would tell you if it is hardware or just windows - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/

the computer detects usb but when i try to press to open windows install then the keyboard is already turned off

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you make this PC? Or is it a brand name? If brand name, what make/model?
If you made it, I need to know what parts are inside.

Fact they work in bios leads to idea its windows that is missing the drivers you need, but if its set to boot (or look for) USB then it shouldn't disable mouse/keyboard right after start, a lot of the time it waits for windows to at least start to load. It should let you hit enter to boot off USB.

Some Motherboard have a setting called boot override, I don't know if you still need to hit enter at startup to boot to the USB (if the choice exists) or if it just autoboots.

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020

Fact they work in bios leads to idea its windows that is missing the drivers you need, but if its set to boot (or look for) USB then it shouldn't disable mouse/keyboard right after start, a lot of the time it waits for windows to at least start to load. It should let you hit enter to boot off USB.

Some Motherboard have a setting called boot override, I don't know if you still need to hit enter at startup to boot to the USB (if the choice exists) or if it just autoboots.

my computer brand is an ordi this brand is from estonia

i can go to the bios but then when it says go install then the keyboard is already off

when i remove the hard drive the keyboard still turns off

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020

Windows starts entering 10 seconds after the computer is turned on

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder which BIOS you have, you could at least update it since its updated in the BIOS - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H61M-P20-G3

I don't know if its the PSU as sometimes USB is 1st thing to stop working if PSU doesn't have the power it needs to run everything. Do you have any extra devices attached to PC? Might help to remove them.

did you try boot over ride? From your manual, on page 28 (Save & exit screen of BIOS) - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H61M-P20-G3#down-manual

== Boot Override ==
The installed storage devices will appear on this menu, you can select one of them
be a boot device.

it only works on that boot, I am not sure if you need to hit enter still. It should just boot from USB

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (if you don't have one now)

What type of reset did you do? If there is anything on PC you want to save
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

once you copied everything off the boot drive (full install will wipe hdd)
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Last edited:
Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
i did a computer reset a few days ago after resetting my desktop keyboard and mouse not working i have tried three computer mouse and two keyboards but still not working
ps: i use a wired keyboard and mouse

After reset, did Windows load at all? Just mouse and keyboard weren't responding, preventing you from logging in?
How was reset done?

So you've tried booting Win10 install from CD and USB but did you set the boot priority first in Bios?

Boot screen would look like;

bios-setup-utility.jpg.optimal.jpg

The Windows 10 install disc/USB you have, did you create it yourself with Microsoft Media Creation Tool?

Guide how to install Windows, in case there was a step missed.

--

If you can, upload pictures from phone to imgur please and post link here.

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
After reset, did Windows load at all? Just mouse and keyboard weren't responding, preventing you from logging in?
How was reset done?

So you've tried booting Win10 install from CD and USB but did you set the boot priority first in Bios?

Boot screen would look like;

bios-setup-utility.jpg.optimal.jpg

The Windows 10 install disc/USB you have, did you create it yourself with Microsoft Media Creation Tool?

Guide how to install Windows, in case there was a step missed.

--

If you can, upload pictures from phone to imgur please and post link here.

i made my usb and cd microsoft page