Dec 18, 2020
Hello everyone!
So I’m new to PC stuff. I got a bunch of parts from my old junk removal job and these are my specs.
CPU: AMD FX 9590
GPU: Gtx 970 gaming 4g
Mother B: GA-990FXA-uD3 rev 4.1
2 8gb vengeance ram
750w gold standard power supply
Water 3.0 by thermaltake

my question. I have it using an old laptop hard drive and want to put a SSD in it as well. I know I can change the boot setting in bios to take it from the SSD, however, I’m curious as to if there is anyway to wipe both drives first so I don’t have stacking os or drivers on the two or if there is even any need too?

Solution
Hello everyone!
So I’m new to PC stuff. I got a bunch of parts from my old junk removal job and these are my specs.
2 8gb vengeance ram
Water 3.0 by thermaltake

my question. I have it using an old laptop hard drive and want to put a SSD in it as well. I know I can change the boot setting in bios to take it from the SSD, however, I’m curious as to if there is anyway to wipe both drives first so I don’t have stacking os or drivers on the two or if there is even any need too?
Yes as you boot to a bootable drive/cd you will see custom install click it and before clicking install delete all existing partions till it say...
Hello everyone!
2 8gb vengeance ram
Water 3.0 by thermaltake

Yes as you boot to a bootable drive/cd you will see custom install click it and before clicking install delete all existing partions till it say unallocated space on all drive.

Solution