[SOLVED] Resetting Laptop is taking a very long time?

Skullzrulerz

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017
So I'm selling my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 soon and I want to wipe everything off

So I went to the recovery page on windows settings and pressed reset this pc then remove everything then remove flies and clean hard drive

Now at current it's up to 49% but it's stopped for a while and this whole resetting this pc had been going on for hours at least 4 hours

To be fair I had this laptop for close to 3 years and used over 75% of the 1TB HDD space

I I'm just hoping it's not on a loop or something

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Solution
750 GB is a whole lot of data, so it could well take a long time I suppose. I've never tried to do something with that massive amount of data. If the reset fails, I'd recommending trying a clean install of Windows. I hope you have your data backed up, I know I always back mine up before making significant changes to Windows.
750 GB is a whole lot of data, so it could well take a long time I suppose. I've never tried to do something with that massive amount of data. If the reset fails, I'd recommending trying a clean install of Windows. I hope you have your data backed up, I know I always back mine up before making significant changes to Windows.

Solution

Skullzrulerz

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for your reply besides a tpm which worried its all be sorted :)

TRENDING THREADS