Resetting router password

anthonyc821

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016
So i'm trying to reset my Verizon network (I have the MI4242WR model and it is black and red) and I reset it 2 times and tried to reset my router username and password so that I can port forward to make a server for a game. I tried it and went searched up the Linksys DNS which is 192.168.1.1 and for the YouTube videos that I see, people have a different layout than me. In which i only have the username and password and others have like new username or new password, something above those lines. Also, I am using an Ethernet cable to connect to my internet, not wireless.

Take note: Whenever I reset it using the button at the back and wait for it to turn on, the power button is red for about 10-20 seconds and returns back to normal. Please help.

Call verizon and have them send you the manual (which is usually legally mandatory as it contains all the certification information), or search online for your particular model.

This is a Verizon box correct? The default usr/pwd is typical TAPED on the underside of the box, UNLESS it's been changed at some point. If not, you may have to call Verizon.

Just about every manual known to men is online, GOOGLE dude. Search for "MODEL PDF." Simple.

anthonyc821

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016

I searched up the manual yesterday night. https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vz_bhr3_rev_i_user_manual.pdf
I found this and it says the original username and password is admin and password but it clearly doesn't work. I don't see what I am supposed to be looking for in the manual.

Then it's been changed.

Your next logical step is to reset the router to its factory setting. Again dude, manual.

Just wanted to add, if you are not the "man of the house" or the admin of the network, doing this may bring the Internet down and get you into further trouble. I say this because lots of kids come over this forum and want to do this and want to do that and, are they allowed?

anthonyc821

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016

USAFRet

Titan

Then someone has changed the username and pwd.
Are you the actual account owner? As in...do you personally pay the Verizon bill?