Resetting Slow Laptop - Lots of programs and files - Is it worth?

flamekong

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
[Lots of questions ahead, I would appreciate it if I could get some help, thanks]

I have laptop that has started to run really slow. I play a number of different games and do a lot of graphic design and video editing work. The FPS I used to get exceeded 200, however now I can't get over 10. I have copied my entire hard-driver onto an external hard-drive with plenty of room and I was thinking of doing a COMPLETE reset. However I have a couple of questions.

- I have very slow internet and I have lots of large programs installed. Photoshop, After Effects etc. Could I copy the files these programs install from my hard-drive onto my reset PC? Because it will taken ages to re-install them.

- Will resetting my laptop actually help me get better FPS in games? If I only get to 30-40 after this I don't think it will be worth it for all the trouble I'll have to go through.

- Same sort of question as the first one but could I do the same thing for games? (from the first question). So for example can I copy the files from installed steam games from my external hard-drive to my newly reset laptop? To avoid having to re-install them.

I have installed a large amount of programs on this laptop over time and have ended up removing a large number of them. However I was doing some research and found out that applications don't completely get removed after they've been uninstalled. Is this true? And how much can it slow my system down.

If someone could help me out here I would really appreciate it, I know I'm asking a lot but I don't know where else to get information. Thankyou in advance :wahoo: