Question Resetting up

Aug 3, 2020
So I've ran into a bit of a problem recently. I have a pretty old HP laptop (I'll be able to get more info for it soon) that wouldn't browse after I was surfing for a bit, thought it was unusual so I restarted it. After that it wouldn't load up at all, would just be at the logo constantly. Rebooted into WinRE, couldn't go into safe mode, attempted bootup repair, and then sadly had to factory reset it. It seemed to work but still won't go any further than the logo. Occasionally it acts like it wants to start up setup because it asks my preference on keyboard and region, but then it says it has to restart and gives some reasons why, then attempts to but doesn't go.

I did try to reset it up using removable media (SD Card) but I don't think it's picking it up so I am trying to get a USB to try that way. But aside from that, am I missing something or should I be trying something else?

Aug 3, 2020
Sorry it took some time for me to get it, got tied up recently. It's a HP Pavilion 17-e049wm, here's a link to the specs. Looks like based on a warranty lookup it said it started in 2013 which sounds right.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY