Hello. How do I go about resetting windows xp user passwords? This user
has not made a password recovery disk and I'd rather not do a repair
install. Thanks.

Malke

David Wildgoose wrote:

> Hello. How do I go about resetting windows xp user passwords? This
> user has not made a password recovery disk and I'd rather not do a
> repair install. Thanks.

Log on with an account that has administrative privileges, go to User
Accounts in Control Panel, and change the user's password there. If
there is only the one user account on the system:

1. For XP Home, start the machine in Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the
F8 key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the right
menu. Once in Safe Mode, log onto the normally hidden Administrator
account. The default password is a blank.

2. For XP Pro, do Ctrl-Alt-Del twice which will get you to the classic
logon box. Enter "Administrator" and whatever password was set.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Jon

Otherwise you're into something like this

Jon