[SOLVED] resetting windows 10

May 19, 2020
if i reset my pc from the settings ( remove everything ) will it reset the registry keys to default? will it remove any kind of tweaks happend there? because i download a registry that removes my anti malware but now i cant re enable it therfore i cant update my windows pls help

generally, 'remove everything' often means exactly that....

Disabling anti-malware, unless it was a worthless sort as produced by Enigma Software's Spyhunter, etc., is rarely a plus, and, if worthless enough to leave disabled, best to remove it anyway... :)

May 19, 2020
generally, 'remove everything' often means exactly that....

Disabling anti-malware, unless it was a worthless sort as produced by Enigma Software's Spyhunter, etc., is rarely a plus, and, if worthless enough to leave disabled, best to remove it anyway... :)
the only reason i want to enable it back is so i can update my windows i keep getting this error0x80070424 so i reckon its because i disabled my anti malware - windows security

cpoullas

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
i have had issues in the past with the reset tool. I would do a fresh install if u are going to reinstall windows. Follow the guide in the sticky. Fresh install is the absolute way to fix your problem, but is time consuming as you have to backup your data and such.

May 19, 2020
i have had issues in the past with the reset tool. I would do a fresh install if u are going to reinstall windows. Follow the guide in the sticky. Fresh install is the absolute way to fix your problem, but is time consuming as you have to backup your data and such.
ik i sound dumb but where is the guide "in the sticky"?

As reinstalling takes 5 minutes (assumes an SSD is being used) these days....what is the objection against it? :) (Excluding a perceived goal of needing to disable Windows Security, which is often done automatically when/if a conflicting suite is installed.)

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
How do I reinstall windows? Do u have a vid or something pls?