Discussion Resident Evil 4 "Remake" Officially Announced by CAPCOM, releases MARCH 2023.

Well, Capcom has officially announced Resident Evil 4 Remake during Sony’s State of Play June 2022 event. In order to celebrate this announcement, the company has also released the game’s debut trailer that you can find below.

This trailer features both in-game cut-scenes and some short gameplay sequences. Resident Evil 4 Remake will be using the RE Engine. Capcom plans to release Resident Evil 4 Remake on March 24th, 2023. Resident Evil 4 Remake has been amidst rumors for years now and it has finally been announced at PlayStation’s June State of Play.

The Resident Evil franchise is known to swivel between action-centric and horror-centric themes in its games. When it comes to Resident Evil 4, it is an action-centric one and undoubtedly the epitome of it. The game had garnered a lot of praise from fans and critics alike back in the day, making it not only one of the best horror games but one of the best games of all time as well.

When it comes to details of the remake, there is not much revealed by Capcom regarding the same. We do know for a fact that Capcom lies to play around with the gameplay and story a bit when it comes to these remakes, but it does seem less likely with Resident Evil 4 considering that rumors have stated that the game will only be partially rebooted due to some internal disagreements.

In an accompanying PlayStation blog post, Capcom explained this new version of Resi 4 would be "familiar to fans of the series, while also providing a fresh feeling". "This is being done by reimagining the storyline of the game while keeping the essence of its direction, modernising the graphics and updating the controls to a modern standard," Capcom continued.

Capcom has confirmed that the game's launch platforms are PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles. It's not clear how much of the original game's plot will be altered for the remake, but previous rumors suggested the story would take an even darker tone.

With the remake, Capcom is hoping Resident Evil 4 will once again be able to stand toe-to-toe with the latest and greatest horror games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1EuRo54pI&t=1s&ab_channel=PlayStation

RE4-Remake-Ann_06-02-22-768x432.jpg

Last edited:
Not surprised to see this, as it has been a long time indeed regarding speculation of when this would come. It felt more like a teaser than trailer though, especially with so much of it being just load screen and end screens. I must say though, the Spanish music in the intro was a nice touch.

Speaking of RE games, I just found out some info regarding RE8/RE: VILLAGE's difficulty level. You must be aware of this difficulty level though, since you have already beaten the full game ? I had to quit in the middle though, since it was too tough and confusing for me to solve those puzzles.

So it seems after Hardcore Mode, we have this VILLAGE of SHADOWS difficulty mode. I wasn't aware of this though, and I wonder how many RE players have played on this difficulty level, after beating the game once.

Looks quite challenging based on the features, and is meant only for hardcore players. It seems the enemies are now even tougher, faster, and smarter. It changes basically everything about the game. Checkpoints are further and fewer in between, late-game enemies are introduced much earlier, bosses have dramatically increased health, and enemies appear in much greater numbers.

It’s a real challenge recommended for players who have beaten the game at least once.

https://gamewith.net/resident-evil-8/article/show/28817

Last edited:
Yeah Village of Shadows does things like add minion enemies to some boss fights, like those with Lady D's daughters. Taking all that on in cramped quarters can be frustrating, you have to move quickly. The part that looks most difficult to me on VoS though is the boss fight with Moreau's swamp monster after draining the swamp. I've watched a few guides on it and it always takes about 40 min or more for that fight. That's the one thing that's making me wonder if I even want to bother playing the game on Village of Shadows difficulty, let alone making a walkthrough of it. Besides the possibility of actually running out of ammo on that fight, if you die, that's a hell of a long fight to have to do over.

Last edited:
Yes indeed, the VILLAGE of SHADOWS difficulty mode is really insane, and challenging/punishing. I just wonder how many of RE gamers can actually complete playing the whole game on this difficulty level. Running out of Ammo really seems a high possibility in this game mode.

Yes indeed, the VILLAGE of SHADOWS difficulty mode is really insane, and challenging/punishing. I just wonder how many of RE gamers can actually complete playing the whole game on this difficulty level. Running out of Ammo really seems a high possibility in this game mode.
Well damned if I didn't find a video that proved me wrong. This guy beat Moreau in about 13 and a half minutes on Village of Shadows with no infinite ammo perks and no NG+. The exploit he used to corner the beast in a spot you can get it stuck in I've seen before, but never used this effectively. So I may eventually try it after all.

BTW, what exactly is the "Cheese Method" mentioned in the video ? Some form of RE gameplay tactics ?
LOL, no, it's not specific to RE. To "Cheese" an enemy in a game just means you are exploiting quirks in the programming of said game. The quirk in this case obviously being the monster's tendency to easily get stuck in those cabin corners that have a post supporting the corner of the roof overhang.

The Varcolac near the watermill is also easily cheesed by luring it onto the roof of the nearby house, then using it's chimney near the edge of the roof as an impassible barrier while you pop it in the head with the pistol.

Cheeses are often not 100% fool proof though. As you can see, the Moreau beast eventually frees itself, and I also had the Varcolac circle around the other side of the chimney after I thought I had it permanently lured into the kill zone.

LOL, no, it's not specific to RE. To "Cheese" an enemy in a game just means you are exploiting quirks in the programming of said game. The quirk in this case obviously being the monster's tendency to easily get stuck in those cabin corners that have a post supporting the corner of the roof overhang.

The Varcolac near the watermill is also easily cheesed by luring it onto the roof of the nearby house, then using it's chimney near the edge of the roof as an impassible barrier while you pop it in the head with the pistol.

Cheeses are often not 100% fool proof though. As you can see, the Moreau beast eventually frees itself, and I also had the Varcolac circle around the other side of the chimney after I thought I had it permanently lured into the kill zone.

LOL. Yeah obviously I didn't mean to say specific only to RE, but rather used as a common term in gameplay. Did not word it correctly.

Honestly speaking, I wasn't fully aware of this term before though, at least in the context of gaming, since I'm just a casual gamer. But, like you have mentioned this term isn't just specific to RE, and applies to general gameplay, so it indeed makes sense.

I now understand the meaning of "cheese" more clearly. Sometimes also exploiting any glitch or flaw in the game design/code, apart from applying a specific strategy/tactics to a BOSS fight.

""A strategy that seeks to provide means for overcoming a challenge (e.g. a boss fight) not by engaging with the challenge itself but rather by bypassing it altogether. It is oftentimes exploitative of a game's mechanics, taking advantage of oversights in game balance made by the developers to easily deal with an obstacle.

Cheese strategies trivialize challenging content, by either speeding the process up immensely to eliminate the challenge or by making it nigh impossible to fail (e.g. through creating means to infinitely heal oneself). One could distinguish between "fast cheese" and "slow cheese". ""

Last edited: