News Resident Evil Village Benchmarks and System Requirements

evdjj3j

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
"At 1080p, VRAM doesn't appear to matter too much, provided your GPU has at least 6GB."

Seriously? You might as well write "VRAM doesn't seem to matter as long as you have enough VRAM"

"At 1080p, VRAM doesn't appear to matter too much, provided your GPU has at least 6GB."

Seriously? You might as well write "VRAM doesn't seem to matter as long as you have enough VRAM"
Read in context. The game claims it needs 12GB VRAM to run at Max settings, but based on performance, 6GB looks to be sufficient at 1080p. 8GB is necessary at 1440p and 12GB at 4K. Dropping a bunch of settings to reduce the VRAM load is possible as well, which we didn't take the time to test in-depth.

Any decent GPU made in the past four years should have 6GB or more. If you're running a 4GB card, you'll need to adjust settings to get a decent experience.

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
The RE engine is very well optimized and this is just another game since re7 that proves Capcom has one of the best engines in gaming right now.

The game runs excellent on PC and console even when ray tracing is enabled. I can't wait to play it tomorrow.

I have a pre-order for PC but I'm actually refunding it and going with the series x version. My reason behind that is because I play in my living room with proper surround sound and an LG Cx for my display but unfortunately my 2080ti is hdmi 2.0 so it causes some issues at times with earc. Since I just want to enjoy the game and visually speaking the console versions are basically on par with pc (frame rate above 60 aside) I figured I'd just get the xbox version and down the line when it's crazy cheap I'll buy it on pc to enjoy mods and stuff.

Really any version of this game is going to look and run fantastic.

Well, guess I will see how my GTX 960 4GB will handle it. Still get 30 FPS in most games @ 1920x1200 Med-High. Shadow of the Tomb Raider was getting 35, then up to 40 when i went from a 8320 to a 3600.

The RE engine is very well optimized and this is just another game since re7 that proves Capcom has one of the best engines in gaming right now.

The game runs excellent on PC and console even when ray tracing is enabled. I can't wait to play it tomorrow.

I have a pre-order for PC but I'm actually refunding it and going with the series x version. My reason behind that is because I play in my living room with proper surround sound and an LG Cx for my display but unfortunately my 2080ti is hdmi 2.0 so it causes some issues at times with earc. Since I just want to enjoy the game and visually speaking the console versions are basically on par with pc (frame rate above 60 aside) I figured I'd just get the xbox version and down the line when it's crazy cheap I'll buy it on pc to enjoy mods and stuff.

Really any version of this game is going to look and run fantastic.
My dad played the demo infront of me on the ps5, it looks good but aiming on a controller and the lack of a FOV slider on console is a definite deal breaker for me. Console FOV was waaaaay too low imo