Question Resizable BAR option

Soj1337

Prominent
Aug 19, 2022
Hey peeps, I just built my first pc and so far it's working really well, I just wondered as I'm currently optimizing and tinkering with stuff, if it's worth enabling resizable bar as people say it's a good boost to some games.

I've read mixed opinions though where some people say it causes negative FPS instead. Anyone have good experience with this feature?

I'm running a 5600x 3070, on an MSI b550 tomahawk with 3600 ram.

Hey peeps, I just built my first pc and so far it's working really well, I just wondered as I'm currently optimizing and tinkering with stuff, if it's worth enabling resizable bar as people say it's a good boost to some games.

I've read mixed opinions though where some people say it causes negative FPS instead. Anyone have good experience with this feature?

I'm running a 5600x 3070, on an MSI b550 tomahawk with 3600 ram.
There's Resizeable Bar that's enabled in motherboard BIOS and there's SAM, AMD's Smart Access Memory, which uses the resizeable bar capability. You have to also enable SAM in AMD's drivers (I assume there's something similar for Nvidia) to use the resizeable BAR if it's available. Its performance uplift seems to be highly dependent on specific application or game and how they access non-resident assets. At any rate it doesn't seem to hurt to enable it so just enable it if you have it.

I personally don't put much credence in "some people who say" since most people don't perform well controlled comparative FPS studies. But reviewers, who do, are generally positive on SAM.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS