[SOLVED] Resizable BAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Hi!

I enabled the Resizable BAR feature and it's now on for my RTX 3060 Ti. I was trying to find a list of supported games for this feature, because I heard it can negatively affect games if there is no support for it, but of course I am not sure how this thing actually works, so can someone point me to the right direction if it's better to keep it disabled or enabled.

I mostly play the following games: CSGO, Warzone, Cold War, Vanguard, Fortnite, WoW, League of Legends.

Should I keep it disabled unless these games get a support for it? I don't want to have any negative side effects.

Solution
The option simply makes it so the drivers can allow the OS to make larger transfers to and from VRAM. I don't see how it can negatively impact games that don't support it, since they shouldn't give the driver hints that the BAR should be resized.

If you have it on and you're not seeing any real impact in performance, then it's not causing a problem
The option simply makes it so the drivers can allow the OS to make larger transfers to and from VRAM. I don't see how it can negatively impact games that don't support it, since they shouldn't give the driver hints that the BAR should be resized.

If you have it on and you're not seeing any real impact in performance, then it's not causing a problem

Solution

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021

I know and it sounds good in theory, but I think I had a glitch caused by this while playing Vanguard, some random rendering issues. Well, there is no reason to have it enabled because I don't play games that have the support for it.

Here is the only list I could find with it usable.
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Battlefield V
  • Borderlands 3
  • Control
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Death Stranding
  • Dirt 5
  • F1 2020
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Godfall
  • Hitman 2
  • Hitman 3
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Metro Exodus
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Watch Dogs: Legion
Hortu is correct that if your games are not resize enabled it should cause no harm, but why run a program needlessly. TO clarify enabled games don't always benefit in all systems, and in all resolutions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Makaveli
Status
Not open for further replies.