Resolution 1920x1080 but still black borders on my new screen.

chawlie33

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
So I just got the Asus VS248H LED Monitor and everything was going fine until I turned it on and saw that the resolution is set to 1920x1080 (which is recommended) but still a huge gap or a black border is surrounding the screen noticing that the text and everything is clear and sharp in this resolution. How can i get that to go full screen without the borders and to be sharp as well? Help would be appreciated :)
P.S : I have the latest driver. My GPU is Gigabyte R9 270x

chawlie33

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014

I tried but it's already at the max and I can't stretch it more than that.I mean there's nothing wrong with the screen the edges work perfectly because the edit box got over them and and didn't disappear in the black borders. soo

I did try that but I ended up with the same thing(black borders)

I can't find the Overscan in version 13.12 CCC

jausel

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
For me, the scaling options were set to something nonzero. When I set the slider to 0% then the bars went away. (Control Center > My Digital Flat-Panels > Scaling Options)

nicowp

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Thanks man! Worked for me. mine was set to "minus 10%" and i havn't touched that button before. :)

Tristtan

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014
I got a bsod with a "video memory management internal" error code, after that i got the black border, i changed the overscan setting on ccc and the border dissapeared, but it comes back someyimes when i game or use uningine heaven or 3d mark, for 3d mark in specific, tests abort for no reason and i can never get a final result on any test. I jus build my pc, and im using windows 8.1. ANY IDEAS GUYS??