[SOLVED] Resolution Calculation

denislav9711

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018
I know that someone already asked how to calculate the resolution of multiple monitors, but the question was about monitors with the same res.. so if I have a monitor which is 1440x900 and a monitor which is 1920x1080, what would be the resolution for let's say wallpapers that I would want to download?

Solution
It varies depending on the end result you want.
For the most part, you would be looking for a image with at least 3360x1080 resolution. Since one monitor is smaller you just add the horizontal resolution to get your length, but the height is dictated by the tallest monitor (resolution wise) since the smaller one would just crop to fit.
Its not going to look right if you just span one image, one monitor will be slightly cropped.

When I had different resolution monitors with a spanned image I composite stitched two together in gimp that matched each monitor on their own. Then eventually I just have windows cycle through wallpapers on each monitor, works better.
It varies depending on the end result you want.
For the most part, you would be looking for a image with at least 3360x1080 resolution. Since one monitor is smaller you just add the horizontal resolution to get your length, but the height is dictated by the tallest monitor (resolution wise) since the smaller one would just crop to fit.
Its not going to look right if you just span one image, one monitor will be slightly cropped.

When I had different resolution monitors with a spanned image I composite stitched two together in gimp that matched each monitor on their own. Then eventually I just have windows cycle through wallpapers on each monitor, works better.

Reactions: denislav9711
Solution