Question Resolution Problem (Mostly On CS:GO)

Mohawmmad

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019
hey ,
I just bought a new pc which has a RX Vega 56 graphic card, before that I had a AMD HD 5770, the problem is CS:GO is my main competition game and I use to play on 1024x768 res. In my previous gpu i had many custom resolution that i hadn't add and everything was fine on low resolutions. my first problem is I don't have many resolutions like before and when i add something like 1440x1080 it doesn't stretch (while other resolutions on 4:3 get stretch) and keep on the right side of the monitor ;

2nd problem is that the low resolutions like 1024x768 or 800x600 have a really bad monitoring, something like the pixels aren't on their position. compare this pictures. I hope you guys spot the difference, zoom and attention to the pixels.
Screenshots by Steam (what should i see):

Taken by phone (what i see):

this is even in black bars mode which some of you might say the problem is stretching :

left side of the crosshair is wider than left side ! pixels of the 8 in 800$ ! 8 in 0.85 in console ...

Last edited:

Mohawmmad

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019
I assume you run at a low resolution to increase the frame rate? In which case why not sure scaling (assuming it has it), so run it in native resolution but with less than 100% scaling?
I already have 300fps on csgo but because I have used to play on low resolution (most of all in 4:3 aspect radio) i can't play on 16:9 anymore it is a lot different ! when i enable gpu scaling mode on AMD settings most of resolutions disappear and quality reduces.