Question Resolution problems after GPU upgrade

Jan 16, 2023
I recently upgraded my gpu from a gtx 960 to a 1080ti, and when I went to try to play some games, 720p is the max resolution setting it gives me, even though my display is 1080p. Some games will let me play at 1080p while windowed, however others don't give me this option at all.
I'm running Windows 10 pro, and I've made sure the display was at 1080p in Display Settings and oddly it's showing (recommended) next to the 720p option. I've never run into this issue with my old card, only after upgrading.
The first thing I did was update the drivers from Nvidia's site/restart the pc but that didn't fix the issue. I have no clue what to do, I even tried factory resetting Windows multiple times but after awhile it keeps going to a black screen every time I try. What do I do?

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I recently upgraded my gpu from a gtx 960 to a 1080ti, and when I went to try to play some games, 720p is the max resolution setting it gives me, even though my display is 1080p. Some games will let me play at 1080p while windowed, however others don't give me this option at all.
I'm running Windows 10 pro, and I've made sure the display was at 1080p in Display Settings and oddly it's showing (recommended) next to the 720p option. I've never run into this issue with my old card, only after upgrading.
The first thing I did was update the drivers from Nvidia's site/restart the pc but that didn't fix the issue. I have no clue what to do, I even tried factory resetting Windows multiple times but after awhile it keeps going to a black screen every time I try. What do I do?
I would try using DDU to uninstall all the graphics drivers. Once done, use NVIDIA GeForce Experience to install the latest graphics drivers.