Resolutions missing in display settings

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
I play a lot of fortnite and i like to switch my resolution in the display settings to 1680x1050 to stretch out my resolution out to get a better advantage. Yesterday I reset my PC and installed everything and the drivers for my Graphics card. My Graphics card is a Radeon R9 270x and i have a A320 motherboard with a ryzen 3 CPU. I then tried to go into the display settings for windows and switch to my resolution, but I find out that the 1680x1050 resolutions are not there and also the other ones I use. The highest resolution other than 1920x1080 is 1600x900. I just what to figure out what I can do to get my resolution to 1680x1050 stretched again and play Fortnite.

Solution
You can check in your Radeon "control panel" to see if it allows you to set custom resolution. I commonly had to do this with a "1080" TV I was using connected to an A8 w/ integrated. Every time Windows did a major update it would lose the custom setting and I couldn't see my edges.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What do you mean "stretched"? 1680x1050 is a 16:10 aspect ratio, 1920x1080 and 1600:900 are 16:9 aspect ratio. I'm assuming your monitor is 16:9, hence not presenting options for 16:10 resolutions. You could probably create a custom resolution in your driver settings of 1680:1050, but I don't know why you would. I'm not sure what sort of advantage you think it will give you.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You can check in your Radeon "control panel" to see if it allows you to set custom resolution. I commonly had to do this with a "1080" TV I was using connected to an A8 w/ integrated. Every time Windows did a major update it would lose the custom setting and I couldn't see my edges.

Solution

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017

What I mean is I go into radeon settings and put scaling mode to full panel and what happens in game is everyone head gets stretched out and its easier to shoot them in the head. plus I had the resolution before my reset of my pc so its not my monitor aspect ratio. Something got reset and that resolution is not there anymore. Any other suggestions. And how do I check my aspect ratio just to make sure?

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017

ok i will try
It does not work on fortnite if i try and create a custom resolution
Update- it now works thanks.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Seems like you could get the same "stretching" effect by setting it to 1600x900.

If all the resolution options listed are 16:9, then I'm pretty certain you have a 16:9 monitor. What model of monitor do you have?