Resolve Conflict with Rosewill WiFi Card

joe_niemeyer

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
I bought a bunch of Rosewill RNX-AC1300PCE WiFi cards to increase the Internet speed on my lab computers, all running Windows 10 with all updates and the most current BIOS and drivers including the manufacturer's Win10x64 driver for the WiFi. The cards installed just fine on my generic, no-name PC's, but I am experiencing a hardware or driver conflict on my Dell OptiPlex 3020 PC's. Device Manager reports no conflicts for the WiFi card, but as soon as I unplug Ethernet and start sending data through WiFi the screen starts flashing and the PC locks up. Any suggestions as how to resolve this?

Solution
Haven't been around the block with a device conflict situation lately, but basic things to try are disabling devices in Device Manager, or physically removing devices. Also make sure your chipset drivers for that Dell are up to date, not just whatever Dell says is the latest greatest, but for instance what Intel says is the latest greatest. If it's an older Dell box, they only do so much work on it before it's pretty much out of their hands and they're not doing the support anymore.

bvanevery

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Haven't been around the block with a device conflict situation lately, but basic things to try are disabling devices in Device Manager, or physically removing devices. Also make sure your chipset drivers for that Dell are up to date, not just whatever Dell says is the latest greatest, but for instance what Intel says is the latest greatest. If it's an older Dell box, they only do so much work on it before it's pretty much out of their hands and they're not doing the support anymore.

Solution

joe_niemeyer

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018

Thank you for your excellent suggestion. I updated the BIOS and drivers to the latest versions posted on Dell, but I had not considered taking a look at the chipset driver on the Intel site.