Question RESOLVED: MSI X470 Gaming Plus with Ryzen 5 3600 DDR4 3000 red lights!

Jul 13, 2019
Hi Folks,

I am unable to figure this out.. Msi's website says the new 3rd gen CPUs are supported as well as DDR4-3000 being supported.. It will not post and i get a CPU red light and the DIMM slots have red lights that are in use. I tried one stick of ram rather than 2, confirmed they were in the red slots, being A2 and B2.. Any assistance is appreciated. The RAM is Vengence LPX. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Jul 13, 2019
Thanks for the feedback folks. I just went and got a 2nd Gen Ryzen 7 from Best Buy and will be returning it once i get these 2 pcs built. I already got it to POST with this new processor. Downloading the BIOS from MSI right now

Jul 13, 2019
Hi All, this case is closed. Picked up a 2nd gen AM4 processor, plugged that in and got it to POST so i could upgrade the bios. Once I did that i threw in my 3rd gen and all is good. Thanks!!

Oct 15, 2019
Hello, I am also having this same issue with the pc turning on but the CPU LED as well as used ram slots are lighting red. MSI X470 Gaming Plus with ryzen 3600x (mobo doesn't seem to have the flash bios button). Is there a way to update or fix this issue without purchasing a 2nd Generation Ryz3n to update?