Question (resolved) New PC. Monitor reads "no signal" when new GPU is installed. Please help.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 6, 2019
So I had just finished building most of my PC and everything worked perfectly until I installed my GPU. When I turned on my PC and manually turned on my monitor, it showed "no signal". I initially thought I had a defective GPU so I bought a new one, but nothing changed. Power is properly supplied to the GPU. It still works fine if I remove the GPU. What is going on?
Key Components
Motherboard: MSI 450 Gaming Plus
First GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 ti 4gb
Current GPU: Gigabyte RX 570 4gb

Mar 6, 2019
Ya make sure the Bluetooth driver is up to date and any OS updates as well. What's the error code did you receive during BSOD (if it occurs again)?
Did it occur again? If so I have a few questions.
You using WiFi or Enthernet?
Is your Bios up to date?
Do you have the latest build of windows?
Did it crash while your wireless card was disabled?
I'm using a wifi expansion card, I haven't checked my bios yet, I have windows 10 currently installed and updated, it crashed while it was enabled, the card was fine for a few minutes, but when I installed a software it blue screened

Mar 6, 2019
Did it occur again? If so I have a few questions.
You using WiFi or Enthernet?
Is your Bios up to date?
Do you have the latest build of windows?
Did it crash while your wireless card was disabled?
Never mind, the error code is actually kernel_auto _boost_lock_acquisition_with_raised_irql

TRENDING THREADS