[SOLVED] RESOLVED: Running Sapphire R9 390 and Win 10 can't detect second monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2020
I figured it out after running sfc /scannow then leaving PC off and unplugged overnight to discharge caps.

I've browsed this site for years without an account and always manage to find solutions to my problem but, with this one, I only ever seem to find similar problems. Someone will have a bad cable/monitor or will have their CPU processing graphics and those solutions just don't seem to work. A few years back, I bought a Sapphire card with an R9 390 GPU. I know it's an older model but upgrading isn't cheap. I ran my monitor off of the sole HDMI port on the card and, for years, haven't had any issues. I tried at one point to use my TV as another monitor and it would only work if I unplugged my monitor first, which I figured was an issue with screen resolution or something. It can run either monitor just fine but Windows will only detect one at a time.

Recently, I bought a second monitor for a dual display and am encountering the same issue as before: I am able to get both monitors to work independently but not together. One is plugged into a display port and the other is installed into the HDMI port. I have checked the Radeon Software as well as BIOS for any issues but can't find anything. It seems as thought the card will only output to one display at max and is prioritizing the display ports > HDMI port > DVI-d port.
Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390 8Gb
CPU: RYZEN 7 2700X 8 CORE
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WI-FI
Monitor 1: ASUS VH242H
Monitor 2: Acer K202HQL
RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600Mhz
PSU: EVGA B5 650W Bronze
Case: Coolermaster Stryker (SGC-5000W-KWN2)
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
GPU Drivers: 20.45.01.28-201204a-36190C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020 Per Radeon Software Ver 20.12.1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS