Question Resolved

Nov 4, 2020
Hello,

In the past week, I've been having many issues with my Vega 64. I got it new 2.5 years ago.

I was always able to play games perfectly fine, but recently I started playing Warzone (call of duty) and never played that before. I started to notice the game was stuttering a lot, which happened to be a thing with Call of Duty. I got that resolved but after that, it was still stuttering here and there.

I decided to run some GPU benchmarks such as Heaven, FurMark and Passmark. I was always able to run these before flawlessly with zero issues.

Heaven running about 80 FPS on 1080P Max settings , FurMark around 4800 frames on 4K (somewhere around there) and like 8500 frames on 1080p presets.

Now, Heaven will average 30 FPS at 1080P and FurMark will get like 7-11 FPS.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28485053 Here is a benchmark of my computer , same exact specs for GPU back in MAY 2020
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34989007 Here it is again, November 2020.

I really don't know what the issue is, I thought maybe it could be a driver issue - I'm always updated to the latest AMD driver with the last one coming out in October. I decided to revert to previous drivers but it didn't fix the issue at all.

I don't know if these means my GPU is already starting to die? I remember running FurMark a week ago and it ran perfectly fine until this past week everything started not going well.

I have two monitors,
- 34" LG Ultrawide 144HZ 2560x1080p
-48" LG CX Oled 120HZ 4K

I disabled each monitor vice versa to try benchmarking on one monitor, it didn't solve the issue whatsoever.

But the thing is, even though Call of Duty Warzone does give me stutters, I'm able to play the game around 1200p at 90 FPS. Mostly super smooth gameplay with occasional stutters which is livable.

But I can't even run Heaven at 1600x900 without going over 45fps.

I don't know what to do and how to fix this, any insight would be helpful

Specs:
X570 AsRock Taichi
Ryzen 9 3900x
2x16gb Trident Z neo 16-19-19-19-39 currently at 3966mhz 1.45
Powercolor Red Devil Vega 64 -> mounted onto a vertical GPU mount from Lian Li made for the Lancool 2 (I haven't tried without the GPU mount but if you think that might be the cause, I can definitely try that)

Edit: Removed GPU mount, plugged card back in PCIE express #1 and same results, FPS no increase. Plugged into PCIE express #2 (all three pcie's are 4.0 x16) - get 40FPS on furmark at 4k , still not at 80fps like I used to be.) Could this potentially be a motherboard issue? I bought the CPU and Motherboard back in March 2020... so still fairly new - Unable to test pcie 3, no space to plug in.

-------I also just plugged in a GTX 1060 since it was the only thing I had lying around into PCIE express #1 , it got 70 fps 1080p on Furmark, so that seemed to work fine. Is it possible my GPU dying or some other unlying issues?

1000W EVGA Power supply gold
A bunch of storage, irrelevant really I think
H110i cooler

Thanks if you could help out!

RESOLVED: I guess I messed with some settings in the Radeon software and it made everything run like crap. Factory reset Radeon software and it fixed everything

Last edited: